Please use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Mobile to fill out this form.
The Wilkes County Hall of Fame was created to recognize citizens and corporations that have made invaluable contributions to Wilkes County and the world beyond. The Hall of Fame reinforces the message to children that they too can and should strive for excellence in any endeavor of their choosing. By presenting significant and powerful role models, the Hall of Fame is a source of learning, inspiration and hope for children.
The Wilkes County Hall of Fame will be located in the Wilkes County Schools Administrative Offices in the Stone Center. The permanent display includes photos, memorabilia and personal statements from the recipients.
The Wilkes County Hall of Fame Governing Board include: Dr. Marty Hemric, President; Larry Christenbury, Vice-President; Marc Elliott, Treasurer; and Ricki Barger, Secretary. Other board members include, Dr. Tim Van Noy, Michael Cooper, Eddie Hoffman, Delaina Smith, Jody Call, Arnold Lakey, Tammy Love, Keith Miller, Bill Harris, Dr. Francis Tharpe and Shana Williams. Ex-officio members (non-voting) include D. Mark Byrd, Dennis Huggins and Chris Skabo.
Nominees for the Wilkes County Hall of Fame may fall into any of the following categories:
- Arts and Entertainment-renowned performers, musicians, actors, actresses, poets and authors and any who work in a related field
- Enterprise-great contributors in the fields of science, medicine, business and philanthropy
- Sports-superior athletes, coaches, officials and administrators in the world of sports
- Leadership-accomplished people who may not fit into the above categories, e.g. educators, military leaders
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The nominee must be or have been a legal resident of Wilkes County.
- The nominee must have made broad and lasting contributions to the betterment of the community or brought recognition to the community through their accomplishments.
- The nominee must be of exemplary character and reputation.
Nominating Inductees (form due January 31, 2018)
A May 24, 2018, gala is planned to honor the fifth class of the Wilkes County Hall of Fame. Limited seating will be available for the catered meal and silent auction.
Save the Date
The next gala will be held on May 24, 2018.